Lead UX Designer, Apteligent
October 2015 – November 2016
Led the design of Apteligent’s mobile app intelligence products across their supported platforms including web and mobile web.
- Designed and prototyped new features for Apteligent
- Led a full redesign of Apteligent’s web products
- Managed Apteligent’s UX Team
Independent Product Designer
January 2013 – September 2015
Leading the design of mobile apps and websites with a focus on iOS and Android.
- Led the user experience of Charles Schwab’s mobile web redesign
- Led the user experience of #climate, a mobile app to promote climate change awareness
- Led the user experience of Find My Fox, the Firefox OS equivalent of Find My Phone
- Guided eHealth to concept, prototype and test mobile apps to increase customer engagement
- Guided the user experience of Charles Schwab’s new cross-platform robo-advisor, Intelligent Portfolios
- Led the user experience of multiple projects with EPIC (design firm)
Lead UX Designer, ExactTarget Social Media Lab (Acquired by Salesforce)
March 2011 – December 2012
Led the design of ExactTarget’s social enterprise products across their supported platforms including web, iOS and Android.
- Designed and prototyped new features for SocialEngage (previously CoTweet) and SocialPages
- Led the user experience design of new products
- Led the design of SocialEngage for iOS and Android
Senior Interaction Designer, Punchcut
November 2009 – July 2010
Led the design of applications and interfaces for consumer electronics platforms with a focus on Android applications and desktop websites.
- Identified and analyzed business requirements through interviews and workshops
- Collaboratively designed conceptual UI models and interaction flows
- Created specifications that captured the interaction design in detail
- Presented designs to product and design executives of major tech companies in the Bay Area
Contract Interaction Designer, Walmart.com
August 2009 – October 2009
Developed designs for Walmart’s mobile websites, which were optimized for XHTML-MP, HTML and Webkit.
- Worked with product and design team to identify and design new features
- Interfaced with every member of the mobile team using the Scrum development framework
- Supported the design and development of Walmart’s mobile applications
Senior Interaction Designer, Tiny Pictures (Acquired by Shutterfly)
March 2007 – June 2009
Led the design of award winning mobile photo-sharing service, Radar, across its supported platforms including web, mobile web, iOS, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and Java.
- Worked with the product team to design and develop the best possible mobile photo-sharing service
- Designed web and mobile applications in their entirety, from sketches to wireframes to pixel-perfect designs
- Radar was the winner of the 2008 People’s Voice Webby for Best Mobile Social Network
User Experience Architect, LBi
September 2004 – April 2007
Developed user-centered websites and conducted design research by working directly with senior executives of companies throughout UK and Europe.
- Led the client and project team in user experience strategy by leading workshops, client meetings, and collaborative design sessions to define the strategy for projects
- Organized, developed and conducted qualitative and quantitative user research including leading contextual inquiry, focus groups, card sorting, usability testing and eye-tracking studies
- Designed sites and applications with appropriate deliverables including personas, scenarios, user journeys, sitemaps, wireframes and detailed functional specifications
Web Quality Assurance Specialist, Columbus State Community College
October 2001 – July 2003
Designed and developed departmental sites by working with department chairpersons; maintained the quality of the entire site through the development of standards and quality assurance reviews.
- Maintained over 30 departmental sites by working with department chairpersons
- Researched and developed a style guide used by the college for designing and maintaining sites
- Led the design and front-end implementation of a new student web services system
- Led the college’s accessibility initiative to comply with Section 508
Web Developer, MC2 Interactive
September 2000 – August 2001
Collaborated as an integral member of the design and development team to develop front-end interfaces for Flash and HTML sites.
- Developed and maintained sites using a variety of web technologies
- Wrote internal company thought leadership articles on front-end development
University College London, M.S. Human Computer Interaction with Ergonomics
Pennsylvania State University, B.S. Science
- Expertise: Design Leadership, Product Design, Product Strategy, Interaction Design, Interface Design, Web Applications, Mobile Applications, Web Design
- Methods: Design Research, Journey Maps, Personas, Scenarios, Sketching, Story Boards, User Flows, Site Maps, Wireframes, Prototypes, Usability Testing, Heuristic Evaluations