Every major step forward in my life so far has been inspired and encouraged by the mentors I’ve been fortunate enough to have. I believe that hopes, dreams, and advice are best shared in ongoing, personal relationships, and it’s important to me to make myself available as a mentor to others.
I’ve had so many great experiences in my life, and I’d love to share them if you’re considering pursuing a similar path.
- I’ve been an interaction/product designer since 2000, working at companies ranging from startups to agencies to multinational corporations.
- I completed a M.S. in Human Computer Interaction with Ergonomics at University College London in 2004.
- I’ve been very active in the Interaction Design Association (IxDA) since moving to San Francisco in 2007 and was on the committee for the Interaction12 conference in Dublin.
- I’m passionate about good design, the intersection of technology and society, and products that make a positive, lasting impact.
- I’m currently leading the design of ExactTarget’s social products at their Social Media Lab in San Francisco.
If you’d like to work together, you can write me an email responding to the questions below; I’ll write back to all emails I receive in this way within two weeks, no matter what. In response to the most exceptional emails, I’ll propose further correspondence—and in certain cases, an ongoing mentoring relationship.
- Tell me about yourself. How did you become who you are, and who do you want to become?
- What do you hope to gain from our mentoring relationship?
- What’s the best thing you’ve read, watched, or listened to lately?
- What work have you done that you’re proud of?
When ready, email with your answers. If you have any questions, feel free to email me or reply to me on twitter. I look forward to learning together!
This project is part of a distributed mentoring movement.